[Sca-cooks] Whey

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Dec 7 18:16:36 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> This came through another list i'm on - NOT a cooking list. It is
> incorrect, but i cannot speak to this topic as eloquently as some
> others on this list, and i would like to correct this error:
>
> >When I make cheese I follow the same instructions however what is
> >left after removing the solids through a strainer is called whey and
> >is not a good thing to drink, even after being sweetened and
> >fermented. It is a poison and is usually tossed out. It was fed to
> >dogs and pigs for a reason as we cannot digest it properly
>
> Anahita

Most I've found in opposition is that it doesn't taste very good:

http://www.amos.indiana.edu/library/scripts/curds.html

Other folks are very much into its health properties:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

But, before I went and searched this out, I was wondering- if this person
drinks whole milk, where do they think the poisons come from?

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.