[Sca-cooks] wafers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 21:26:42 PST 2004

Clara von Ulm asked:
> I have wafers/waffles on the brain! I've been
> researching different recipes. Now, I'm on the verge
> of making some.
>
> I can't find information on what would be more
> appropriate, a pizellle maker, a krumkake iron or just
> plain undecorated wafers.
Although we've discussed krumkake irons in the past, I can't remember
how these differ from pizelle irons. I happen to use one of the latter
for my wafers.
You might find this Florilegium file useful, although I don't know how
much it talks about krumkake irons. I know folks talk about using
pizelle irons in it:
wafers-msg        (85K) 11/13/04    Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

Stefan
--------