[Sca-cooks] Hamantaschen

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 8 06:51:01 PST 2004

The 14th and/or 15th day of Adar. (There has been a little confusion
over the last 2500 years.) The Feast of Purim is pretty much set for the
14th, but to be on the safe side of the Law, the Megillah is read on
both days in many communities. Some folks probably need the 15th in
order to recover from the 14th anyway.

For those that want a reference: * *Talmud, /Megillah/ 7a; Shulchan
Aruch 695:2

Oh... March 25-26 in 2005.  But... there is also the fast of Purim that
comes the day before (Adar 13 or March 24, 2005). If you are going for
the fun on the 14, it is only fair that you abide by the rules on the 13th!

L'Chaim!
Aoghann
(No, I am not Jewish in either the Society or out. Aoghann is a lowland
Scot and wears pants, thank you.)