[Sca-cooks] Whey

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:33:51 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:46:02 -0800, lilinah at earthlink.net
<lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:
> This came through another list i'm on - NOT a cooking list. It is
> incorrect, but i cannot speak to this topic as eloquently as some
> others on this list, and i would like to correct this error:
>
> >When I make cheese I follow the same instructions however what is
> >left after removing the solids through a strainer is called whey and
> >is not a good thing to drink, even after being sweetened and
> >fermented. It is a poison and is usually tossed out. It was fed to
> >dogs and pigs for a reason as we cannot digest it properly
>
> Anahita

Strangely whey is used a lot by the food industrry.

Ricotta is made from the whey left over after mozzeralla production.
Whey protein is one of the most complete proteins you can ingest
and it is using in a dizzying amount of food products from muscle
building products to any low-carb food product.

If you are drinking skim milk, well, that is pretty much nearly whey.
Not very many milk fats there.

We digest it perfectly fine, buttermilk (the milk left over from making
butter) which is used in some recipes is whey.

I would say that they are full of poo.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson