[Sca-cooks] Getting discounted foods - was: Menus

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 8 15:58:02 PST 2004

Making a blanket statement based on a limited group of western states (which
tend to have liberal tax laws) is not a good idea.  Sales taxes are by state
and locality and in some states if your non-profit or company isn't
registered with the Secretary of State, you may not qualify for sales tax
relief.  There is also the issue of use taxes, which are not universal, but
are becoming more common, where if you are the end consumer or you have an
out of state purchase delivered in state and do not qualify for an
expemtion, you are responsible for paying the sales tax.

I wouldn't make an absolute statement about any state's sales tax policy
until I had carefully read the state code.

Bear

From: "Radei Drchevich" <radei at hotmail.com>