[Sca-cooks] "Banned Foods" sortof still is: "Kingdom" National Dishes

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 8 18:47:00 PST 2004

> >But, as one of our Once and Future Dukes learned to his sorrow, if you
> >peeve the cook, you won't get your steak and potato no matter how
> >childishly you demand 'em in your whims.
>
> Ooo, ooo, do tell...
>
> I am just interested as a matter history, of course.

Not much to tell, really. The Royal Who Shall Remain Nameless To Protect
The Guilty had requested steak and potatoes at every feast. The head
cook worked at a restaurant, and had been hoarding (freezing and
hoarding) steak tips for this feast, and had baked some potatoes as
well.

However, the RWSHRNTPTG had 1) not sampled his savory toasted cheese, 2)
paid no attention to the care lavished on the first course, and 3) been
rude to the servers. The cook, tired and cross, declared that since the
Royals didn't appreciate his cooking, they wouldn't get their steak and
potatoes. The cleanup crew got the filet mignon tips instead. :)

So, our battle cry became "How can you have your potatoes if you won't
eat your Savory Toasted Cheese?" :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_