[Sca-cooks] making ahead and freezing...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 8 19:00:19 PST 2004

Aurelia mentioned that using boiling bags did not occur to her for the
feast she just did:
> For my first feast (which was yesterday) I froze the
> rabbit pottage, and stage one of the chicken ambrogino
> (browned chicken and onons) and chickpea soup.  Other
> than intensive work to thaw the stuff, (boil in a bag
> never occurred to me) it worked great and everything
> tasted nummy (i'm told, I didn't get a chance to eat
> most of it.)
We've discussed boiling bags, including using substitutes, on this list
before. Some of this info can now be found in this Florilegium file.
This technique can also be applied to household cooking at outside
events to provide period foods where time or facilities do not
otherwise allow them to be enjoyed.
bag-cooking-msg   (24K)  3/22/03    Using plastic bags to warm
pre-cooked foods
                                        at SCA events.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/bag-cooking-msg.html

Stefan