[Sca-cooks] making ahead and freezing...

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 15:56:13 PST 2004

For my first feast (whihc was yetserday) I froze thge
rabbit pottage, and stage one of the chicken ambrogino
(browned chicken and onions) and chickpea soup.  Other
than intensive work to thaw the stuff, (boil in a bag
never occured to me) it worked great and everything
tasted nummy (i'm told, I didn't get a chance to eat
most of it.)

Aurelia

--- Kathleen A Roberts <karobert at unm.edu> wrote:

> so many good things to freeze, even salmon and
> cheese
> tarts!
>
> if you can get hold of the rodale, settlement or any
> of
> the encyclopedic cookbooks of the '50s and 60s, they
> have
> freezer charts for ingredients.  there isn't a lot
> you
> can't freeze, if you do it correctly for the
> ingredients.
>
> and taters are OOP anyway! ;)
>
> cailte
> who just spoke to an honest freezer repairman who
> told her
> the b)*## was dead.  off to the appliance store!!!!!
>

> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:06:51 -0500
>   Micaylah <dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca> wrote:
> >> Ok, has anyone on this list made-ahead applemoys
> and
> >>frozen it?
> >>
> >> Any other period dishes that would work frozen
> ahead?
> >>I've had good luck
> >> with armored turnips (after all, they are just a
> >>casserole)...
> >>

> > Losynges and makerouns, tarts, sops, pottages,
> sauces,
> >frumenty and rice
> > (vacuum sealed boiling bags), hommous, payne
> perdue,
> >paté, sawsedge, and so
> > on.
> >
> > Micaylah

> "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy
> which
> sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
> W. B. Yeats

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"For once can we die without bickering?"