[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 09:10:03 PST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:33:17 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> I figured, reading through the laws, that if you got busted for one batch of
> home-distilled product, you're liable for, at a very minimum, 7 violations-
> in other words, up tp $70,000 in fines and 35 tears in jail.
>
> You wanna do it? Do it. But you'll be missing an awful lot of Pennsics...
>

> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

I found the folllowing section in GA code.

3-3-8.
(a)(1) An individual may possess and transport in this state the
following quantities of
alcoholic beverages upon which the taxes imposed by this title have
not been paid:
(A) In the case of distilled spirits, not in excess of one-half gallon;
(B) In the case of malt beverages, not in excess of 576 ounces or two
standard cases
of 12 ounce cans or the equivalent thereof or one 7.75 gallon keg or barrel; and
(C) In the case of wine, not in excess of one-half gallon, except where the wine
possessed was purchased and shipped pursuant to Code Section 3-6-32
and where the
possessor has in his or her possession documentation evidencing that
the wine was so
purchased and shipped.
_______________________________________

But it is illegal to manufacture it here unless you have a license

It costs $1000 a year for the license
and a bond of $10,000 must be held for potential fines and to cover production
taxes per year. Plus you have to submit to control board inspections whenever
they feel like it.

And that doesn't include any county or federal fees.

Yeesh. The fines for bootlegging are cheap.  But they sell all properties
involved in the production to get rid of them and or destroy all equipment.

The 1/2 gallon of unmarked distillates probably means "stuff from overseas
you brought back on vacation."

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson