[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 11 17:10:02 PST 2004

> I found the folllowing section in GA code.
>
> 3-3-8.
> (a)(1) An individual may possess and transport in this state the
> following quantities of
> alcoholic beverages upon which the taxes imposed by this title have
> not been paid:
> (A) In the case of distilled spirits, not in excess of one-half gallon;
>
> The 1/2 gallon of unmarked distillates probably means "stuff from overseas
> you brought back on vacation."
>
> Cadoc

Yeah, it's the bottle you bought at the duty free store or in the
neighboring state or on a federal reservation.  The key is "taxes imposed by
this title."   If no taxes have been imposed anywhere, they can haul you in
on a violation of federal law and gift wrap you for the Feds, who will want
to know where you got that interesting bottle of stuff.

Bear