[Sca-cooks] shopping shyness?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Dec 12 10:12:27 PST 2004

At 09:57 AM 12/12/2004, you wrote:

>(And yes, sometimes, "Are you in a play" is a reasonable question. But
>then, I'm just not as shy as most people and will happily go to the
>grocery, bank, etc. in SCA clothes-- mostly people seem not to notice. I
>figure that people have just as much right to look at me in funny
>clothes as I have to gawp wistfully at some of the lovely fabrics people
>make saris of, etc.)

I have to admit, that sometimes I forget that I'm wearing garb- I guess
because if you do it right, it feels like _clothing_ and not so much like a
_costume_. I may be odd that way...

Funny though- I attended an event last night in my nun's habit- and
couldn't figure out why people were giving me funny looks in traffic. When
someone crossed themselves at a stop light, I thought 'D'oh!', gave them a
big smile, and took off. Gotta wonder if they were perplexed by the
quantity of Dem bumperstickers... (or maybe not, given that it was a Volvo
with Oregon plates!)

'Lainie
off to brunch and then to a friend's Pel vigil!