[Sca-cooks] cold distillation in the fridge

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Sun Dec 12 18:56:47 PST 2004

>William said he had mead in AN ICE CUBE TRAY.  It would take prissiness of galactic magnitude for the ATF, District Attorney and judge to say that EVERY person who pours leftover wine into an ice cube tray is illegally distilling spirits.

Not really...
Putting the wine in the freezer is cool.

If they attempt to draw off the alcohol, for the purpose of drinking it later, THAT is when they are doing someting illegal.

As for "prissiness", the probalem is that, in order to present sufficient penalties and incentive to prevent "friendly" law enforcement personnell from looking the other way when dealing with genuine moonshiners, the ATF has put together a suite of mandatory prosecution requirements. These require that an officer of the court or other law enforcement personnell notify the ATF if they become aware of any distillation, and the ATF prosecute IN ALL CASES, or face prosecution themselves.

I have that directly from the dictrict BATF office.

That does not stop them from looking the other way in the case of the ice-cube tray "jacker", certainly, but if a cop is feeling pissed, or worried about his job?

Such prosecutions have happened.
Some were indeed thrown out, some were not.

You still think I am just being paranoid?

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Seven Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery