[Sca-cooks] Holiday Recipes

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 12 21:34:15 PST 2004

But i am shocked by what sounds like a large amount of ersatz food
products on USAmerican holiday tables. While i whined about the meal
i had, everything, other than those really nasty dinner rolls no one
ate, was homemade (ok, so they used a frozen pie crust for the
pumpkin pie).

And while i complained about my Thanksgiving dinner, in the past (oh,
say 30 years ago) they were actually well-cooked and comparatively
pleasant. So i do have a few memories of good food and good company.

But I just have to wonder what sorts of holiday food memories a few
generations are going to be having...

Just some meandering thoughts in the midst of a cold grey holiday season,

Anahita

	See, the journey through this project has given you more to be grateful
for, so it has been an enriching experience already :)
	The scary thing is that the memories will be fond nostalgic ones, thinking
that horrible jello-glop sweetness is the best tasting stuff in the world.
It takes a long time and effort to cleanse your palate after a lifetime of
eating that sort of processed food, and many folks don't know anything
different at all.
Christianna