[Sca-cooks] SCA article in Chicago Tribune

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 12:56:54 PST 2004

Greetings Lord Vincenzo Martino Mazza,

All good points in your post, but in specific you mention a "Lord Alexander".  As I have never been to Pensic (several Outlandishes, countless Estrellas, all Great Westerns save one--hospital stay, but no Pensic), can you give me a bit more info on Lord Alexander?  Where was he from, approximate age, more complete name or household affiliation?  I have met a couple out here in CAID, and they are probably not the same guy, but one has travelled extensively.

The press release kit sounds wonderful.  Any further info you would like to pass along would be greatly appreciated.  (My love has just stepped up as seneschal for our local Shire.)

Thanks.

Ever in Service to the Dream,
Samrah

PS.  It doesn't take 6 months out here to authorize for heavy weapons.  Open book test, 10 minute authorization process.  Inner fiber tape on weapons is also no longer required.  So there are definite differences between Kingdoms.

"Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

"weapons ... are covered with duct tape" -- FALSE;
should have been, "weapons ... are wrapped in fiber tape
and covered with duct tape" and mentioned safety

[snip]

no mention of the training needed (IIRC, 6 months) to
become authorized as heavy weapons or light weapons
fighters

[snip]

I don't know how many of you have attended Lord Alexander's
Pennsic class on "Media Contacts with the SCA".

One of the things he emphasizes is that we should _always_
have a 'press kit' (actually several copies) ready to give
out at each event. That way we can provide members of the
press with accurate information.