[Sca-cooks] Cookie Exchange Recipe

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 21:17:47 PST 2004

Well... I was supposed to post on the 12th, but hey.... this is one of the busier seasons for
caterers, and I had some unexpected business to take care of.

Anyway, here is my submission for the Cookie Exchange.  These cookies are very easy to make (fun
to do with kids because they are pretty much foolproof), and are incredibly light and delicate,
but delicious.

Scandinavian Sugar Cookies

 8 oz butter
 1 C vegetable oil
 13 oz sugar
 2 eggs
 1 tsp vanilla
 1/2 tsp salt
 5 cups flour
 2 tsp baking soda
 2 tsp cream of tartar

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add salt.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
Add eggs and oil to butter/sugar mixture.  Mix.
Add vanilla.
combine wet and dry ingredients, and mix to form a medium dough.
Roll into balls and press with a cookie press dipped in sugar (or the bottom of a glass dipped in
sugar), or roll out and cut with a cookie cutter.  Make them any size you like.
Bake at 350 for about 11 - 15 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn light golden.

These are not chewy cookies.  They crisp up wonderfully after cooling, and are absolutely
wonderful when taken with tea.  I think the Cream of Tartar is an addictive substance, because
once you have these cookies...you jones for them every few months.

Enjoy!!

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.