[Sca-cooks] Blue corn meal- OO

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Dec 15 05:04:21 PST 2004

> Well, my Evil Plan (tm) is to experiment with it and see how it acts with
> some of my traditional recipes. It's not the color, particularly, that I'm
> interested in, it's that I discovered that I like the blue corn chips even
> better than I like regular corn chips- texture, flavor- so, me being me, I
> thought I'd play with an interesting "new" food stuff.
>
> I do that sort of thing, as you well know ;-)
>
> Saint Phlip,

Some of my local co-ops carry it, so you might check that source. I've
worked with blue corn meal (and red), and it acts pretty much like yellow
except sometimes a little more finely ground. I suppose it's closer to
the white cornmeal that I get, which is also more finely ground. Tricolor
corn bread!

Margaret