[Sca-cooks] Blue corn meal- OO

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Dec 14 23:21:23 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Well, I found this on the web:
> >  Dear Global Gourmet,
<snip>

Thanks, Stefan.

> I will also call my Central Market store tomorrow and see if they have
> it. But the shipping might put it out of your price range. Do you need
> to make it entirely out of blue corn? Or could you use some of the blue
> corn masa harina and mix it with some cheaper regular corn masa harina?
> That would lighten it, but should still give a blue color.
>
> Stefan

Well, my Evil Plan (tm) is to experiment with it and see how it acts with
some of my traditional recipes. It's not the color, particularly, that I'm
interested in, it's that I discovered that I like the blue corn chips even
better than I like regular corn chips- texture, flavor- so, me being me, I
thought I'd play with an interesting "new" food stuff.

I do that sort of thing, as you well know ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.