[Sca-cooks] Lavender Foods made with Blue corn meal- OOP

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 15 05:46:21 PST 2004

I think you all may find that blue cornmeal turns your foods a lovely
lavender color, not the blue you are hoping for.  (I made a charming dish of
fried lavender catfish once, tasty, but odd).  Blue cornmeal is higher in
vitamin A than yellow, along with some other increased dietary goodies.  I
buy it in bulk at Sevananda (health food store), but don't remember the
price.
Christianna

Arrowhead Mills make an organic blue corn meal.  I bought some just last
week here in PA.  You should be able to order it online, or maybe their
website has a listing of stores that carry their product and you can
call to see if stores have that in particular.

I'm going to make blue polenta.  It'll look cool.  :)

-Magdalena vander Brugghe