[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 11:38:24 PST 2004

I'm not going to call  you anything, and I don't
really *care* what happens in yoiur freezer.  I just
said that if you're doing something illegal (whihc you
are), you should be prepared to accept the
consequences.  I also said that I doubt that anyone is
going to *care*.

And if you want the law to change, but aren't going to
do anything about, then you've lost your right to
complain.

Aurelia, by night an SCA cook who fritters laurels, by
day a grad student in criminal justice.

--- Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Aurelia Rufinia <aureliarufinia at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > ::sigh::
> >
> > Look, you can do what you want, really.  Odds are
> > pretty good that nothing will happen.  But what
> you
> > are doing is illegal, and you should be ready to
> > accept the consequences of your actions if, for
> some
> > reason, the BATF or someone busts down your door
> and
> > finds you distilling stuff illegally.
> >
> > If you are not willing to accept the consequences
> of
> > being caught, then don't do it.  It's as simple as
> > that.
> >
> > If you think the law is wrong, then work *with the
> > system* to change it.
>

> Nah.  I can't be bothered with that kind of crap.
> I'm not going to waste years of my life
> standing in front of Federal judges, filing
> petitions, collecting signatures and so forth, just
> so
> I can freeze a pint of mead in my home freezer
> without fear of 'The Man' carting me off to 'The
> Penn' for the rest of my life.  Call me a criminal
> if you will, or a scofflaw, or blackguard, or
> what have you... this rediculous paranoia is exactly
> why *important* things in this country never
> get taken care of.  Everyone is sweating, huffing
> and puffing over the silliest, trivial things.
>
> Besides, if the BATF, ATF, ABC, CIA, FBI, DEA or
> EIEIO actually busted down my door to
> 'confiscate' my ice cube tray full of frozen mead,
> I'd just tell them that I like my wine ice
> cold.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  "We the jury
> in the above entitled action find the
> defendent GUILTY of liking cold beverages."  T'ain't
> gonna happen folks.  You can put your rifles
> and holocaust-survival kits back in the
> bomb-shelter.... the "guv'mint" isn't ready to take
> over
> just yet...
>

> William de Grandfort
> The World's Most Wanted Mead-Freezer
>
> =====
> Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and
> Winter squarely bites me.

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"Caviar and grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone!"