[Sca-cooks] Re: Italian March menus

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 15 20:36:23 PST 2004

I wasn't going to reply, since Italian isn't My Thing, but...

There's an Italian cookbook/carving manual on the Fons Grewe website,
which includes daily menus for the year 1546.
Domenico Romoli's "La singolare dottrina di M. Domenico Romoli"
http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/showbook.pl?gw007
The year of menus begins on March 10, the first day of Lent, so the
dishes listed are heavy on fish.  To get to that part of the manuscript,
type "65" in the search window, and click "anar a" (do not hit "enter"
instead").  The first few days of March (ie., pre-Lent) begin with image
248.  It's all in Italian, of course, but menus are more amenable to
translation-by-dictionary than other kinds of text.

--
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net