[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 09:09:07 PST 2004

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
> > Remember, we are not talking about a full-fledged still here...or even
> major ice-distillation
> > program.  We were discussing mead frozen in ice-cube trays, with the small
> amount of alcohol
> > poured off to bolster another batch of mead.
> >

> Phrase it like that, and see what they say.
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

Will do.

I think the cookie-cutter answer will probably still be "yes, it is technically illegal", but I
think that the next question would probably put to rest everyone's fear of being indicted on
Moonshining charges if they freeze a few ounces of liquor in their homes.  I could be wrong, of
course, and if I am I will run my ice-trays down to the dumpster immediately, running a serpentine
pattern to thwart any snipers which may be hiding in the trees.

My original contention was that the home distillation of alcohol via ice was not illegal to begin
with, and that was proven wrong by various authors on this list.  I had not considered checking
out the BATF regulations, and was relying on my state ABC regulations, which do not make any
mention of it (and do not have jurisdiction over it).  The discussion then turned to 'the
consequences' of ice-distillation in the home, and the BATF's reaction to it, and that's where the
'arguement' began.  It is still my contention that, even if the ice-distillation is done with the
intention of siphoning off the distilled liquor, the quantities wer are talking about are so
minute as to be considered a non-issue by the BATF.  We'll see.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.