[Sca-cooks] A Quote for Anahita

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Dec 17 12:43:53 PST 2004

Also sprach Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise:
>  >
>>  O dear god I love MFKF.   I think I have all of her books, even the
>>  really horrible attempts at fiction.  What a way with words. I wish that
>>  she had had a happier life, but I still give thanks that she shared it
>>  with us anyway.
>>

>Oh good. I picked up a paperback edition of _The Art of Eating_
>and I'd love to palm it off on someone. Anyone want it?
>
>(Yes it turns out that I am not an MFK Fisher fan.)

I feel better now; I thought I was the only one. I thought I was
going to have to attend meetings with a bunch of strangers and stand
up and say, "Hi, my name is Phil and I can't stand M.F.K. Fisher's
writing..."

Adamantius, thinking of becoming  a sponsor

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04