[Sca-cooks] A Quote for Anahita

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 17:17:44 PST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:43:53 -0500, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> I feel better now; I thought I was the only one. I thought I was
> going to have to attend meetings with a bunch of strangers and stand
> up and say, "Hi, my name is Phil and I can't stand M.F.K. Fisher's
> writing..."
>
> Adamantius, thinking of becoming  a sponsor
> --

When I read her work, it just...took.......me....a.....while.  I can see
where people wouldn't like her style.  I know people who cringe away
from different authors.  MFK Fisher is on my list for cringing, along
with Robert "I wanna be Tolkien/Silverberg" Jordan, and a few other
select authors, not as high as Ayn Rand though.

With my parents being divorced, and alive, holidays with my family is
an excercise
in controlled eating and mental abuse. There are no less than three
meals per holiday
I am expected to attend,on the same day, hours and miles apart.

My sisters laugh when I refer to them as the "triathalon of pain and
mental cruelty."

And they all serve sweet potatos.  *sigh*  and guilt.

There is dinner at my Dad's, which is a standard PA meal for the
occasion; dinner
with my Mom, which is a scaled down version suiting her kitchen; and dinner at
my Aunt's which is the primary family gathering for both sides of my
family (oddly)
at times.  If we can get through all three meals withough anyone being offended,
angered, or insulted, then we are doing well.

I have put my foot down in the past on a few occasions to get them re-scheduled,
so we can relax on a holiday, but the negotiation process takes the rest of the
year.  And then they have to remember....I wind up eating less on holidays than
any other day of the year.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson