[Sca-cooks] A Quote for Anahita

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 18:00:47 PST 2004

> With my parents being divorced, and alive, holidays with my family is
> an excercise
> in controlled eating and mental abuse.

My family Holidays have always been wonderful times spent with my close family (now mostly
departed or otherwise absent), and very close friends.  Lots of laughter, food and fun.  I did
have to do the 'Holiday Shuffle' for a brief time when my son was young, and his mother and I no
longer together, but it was always pleasant at each of the stops, and my son got to spend time
with all the people he cares about.  Had he not been a part of the picture, I likely would have
despised the constraints on my time.... but he enriches me, and seems to make even the most
arduous holiday schedules seem.... well... worthwhile.

To those of you who, for one reason or another, do not enjoy the holidays, or the presence of your
family, you have my sympathy, and hopes that one day all will be reconciled.  Life is too short,
and unpredictable, to live a single moment in anger or regret.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.