[Sca-cooks] Diego Granado translation

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 19 08:48:01 PST 2004

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Well, scouting the web, i've managed to find about 26 recipes from
> Granado that i guess are Granado's own.
>
> I think they're all the translation work of Brighid. That's why i
> mentioned her name in a pervious post...

I'd rather that you mentioned my name in an impervious post. :-)

I don't *think* anyone else has been working on Granado -- though
Helwyse is working on Scappi, which is the original source for many of
the recipes.  Frankly, that's one of the reasons I'm not inclined to
embark on a complete translation -- so much of it would be duplicating
her work.

I'm feeling somewhat tempted by Gabriel Alonso de Herrera's agricultural
manual, or at least sections of it.  I'm not sure I'd have much patience
for chapters on how to fertilize a vineyard, or the care of pregnant
goats, but other parts, like the descriptions of vegetables, and how to
make vinegar, are interesting.

--

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom