[Sca-cooks] food safe temperature

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 09:27:18 PST 2004

--- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

> Chris Stanifer wrote:
> > The same effect can be achieved much more economically by
> > filling and freezing a leftover 1-litre soda bottle.
> >
> > William de Grandfort
>
> Economical -- yes.
>
> Tasty -- not quite right.

Seems it would be just as tasty as a plastic paddle, doesn't it??  :)

> Safety -- uncertain.
>
> The point is that a 1L soda bottle is not food grade
> plastic;

Actually, those soda bottles are perfectly food-grade plastic...otherwise they wouldn't be used to
hold beverages.  Our local Health Department has no qualms about letting us use them in the manner
described, and has even suggested them on several occassions.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.