[Sca-cooks] Hippenmas (sp?) Long

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Mon Dec 20 11:28:10 PST 2004

>Now, the challenge for the SCA Cooks list..... Help me find an actual recipe, formula, or even a
>professional reference to this stuff ANYWHERE!!!  The spelling may be incorrect (all instructions
>were verbal), and I am not sure of the cultural or national origin of the stuff.  But, if anyone
>can help me in this regard, it would certainly bring closure to a life-long ambition.
>
>What say you, cooks?  Are you up for the challenge???
>
>William de Grandfort

Try Googling under "Hippenmasse"
I get a ton of responses, though most of them have cocoa powder and vanilla added to the pastry.

Now, tell us how you perfected it.

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Seven Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery