[Sca-cooks] Mace and Must Substitute

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 13:32:58 PST 2004

>--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>  > Nope. I know the difference between regular sesame oil (which is a
>  > dark red-brown) and roasted sesame oil (which comes in varying shades
>  > of yellow).
>
>Isn't that reversed??  My roasted sesame oil is quite dark, while my
>regular sesame oil looks a
>little darker than Mazola.  I could be wrong.
>
>William de Grandfort

Doh! (sound of palm smacking forehead) That's what i get for editing,
cutting and pasting...

Yes, the roasted is the dark red brown (when poured out of the bottle
- it's much darker in the bottle) and the regular sesame oil comes in
varying shades of yellow depending on the extraction process, etc.

Thanks for catching that. I re-read it and it didn't register that
i'd reversed them.

Anahita