[Sca-cooks] Hippenmas (sp?) Long

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 20 21:13:18 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> still not getting this Phlip...
> I'd really rather not have to dig through some fancy site to figure out a
tossed off one liner.

> can I just get it in english?
>
> Capt Elias

OK, Brandu- seem to recall you were a bit slow at Pennsic, too ;-) Like 24
hours, maybe? (Giving Jaji the business too ;-)

William de Grandfort wrote:

> > Holy Toledo!!!  I never even thought about adding extra letters on the
> end!
> >
> > William de Grandfort (running, not walking, to the kitchen to test out
> this recipe...)

I replied:

> Not been in the SCA very long, have you?
>

> Saint Phlip,
> CoD, hostess for Knowne Worlde Cooke's Potlucke at Pennsicke..,

Which was intended as a mild jab at certain rampant SCAdianisms,
particularly the ones that are intended to Medievalize modernities.

At which point, Adamantius, in response to the comments made by you two,
wrote:

> > It took me a while. I believe it's an "alphabet soup" reference. OL,
KSCA,
> etc.
> >
> > Adamantius, with tripe mondongo going on the stove, instead

Apparently thinking that I was referring to my USUAL signature.

To which I responded :

> No- explained my Sainting quite some time ago:
>
> http://www.churchofdebauchery.com
>
> All I've got going is some Buttermilk Fudge, a fresh batch of Pear
Mustard,
> and getting ready to do up a batch of Fruited Chicken for dinner
tonight...

Does this make sense yet?

Saint Phlip,
CoD