[Sca-cooks] Tonight's recipe, as modified

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 23:52:57 PST 2004

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> The original recipe calls for roasting in the oven so that the skin gets
> crispy, but considering it's now 2 degrees, and 6 inches of snow on the
> ground, we modified it a bit for a crockpot meal.

When it's that cold outside, I would think you would *want* to have the oven on for a few hours,
just to warm the house up a bit :)  Seriously, I've never been exposed to that kind of cold (with
the obvious exception of industrial freezers...but I don't have to live in those things).  I'm
assuming you want to cook it in the crock pot so that you can stay snuggled up under the quilts
for as long as possible, but is there another reason???

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.