[Sca-cooks] Baileys, was Frittering Laurels

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 03:54:01 PST 2004

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> What I really want is to find a recipe for
> home-made "Irish Cream
> Liqueur" that does not resort to any
> convenience packaging, such as
> =condensed= milk or =instant= coffee.  I
> persevered and found a
> Kahlua-type coffee liqueur recipe that used
> coffee beans NOT instant,
> after all, and MAN!  Was that massively better
> than any instant coffee
> concoction.   I will unbend as far as using
> powdered cocoa rather than
> grind my own nibs but that's about it.
>
> I may wind up having to reverse-engineer the
> recipe myself.  Will count
> on Missy Huette to throw herself into Certain
> Peril during the test
> phase of this operation.
>
> Selene

Okay, but only because you are such a dear
friend.  I don't like coffee and, although
I am very, very fond of chocolate, I can't
stand Kahlua.  I was shocked to see that
Bailey's has coffee in it.  I certainly can't
taste it.  So your challenge, Selene dearest,
is to make a beverage like Baileys, where
the taste of coffee is well masked.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.