[Sca-cooks] Re: Self-heating coffee for war?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Dec 21 15:09:14 PST 2004

At 02:15 PM 12/21/2004,Chris Stanifer said something like:

>--- Tara Sersen Boroson <tara at kolaviv.com> wrote:
>
> > Cute, but I imagine it will taste like metal from the can.  For $2.25 a
> > serving, I would hope for something that tasted better...
>
>Why do you make this assumption?  Coffee brewed in metal camp pots does
>not taste like metal.

Exactly!!

When I visited Seoul a couple years ago, the most civilized consumer item I
had ever come across was the stands in the 7-11 store that sold cans of
_hot_ coffee-milk (presweeteened and milked coffee). It was so comforting
and wonderful on a cold wet nasty morning to just wrap your hands around a
hot tame coffee that was ready to drink.  The only more convenient civility
that I've ever seen was the grocery chain in Utah that sold one dozen _HOT_
freshly made glazed donuts on tables right at the front of the store so
there was no wandering involved.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.