[Sca-cooks] Re: Advocaat (Was Frittering Laurels)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 10:13:09 PST 2004

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> Am I alone in thinking this sounds rather like zabaglione? And Bols
> is a distillery that makes this as a commercial product? And just out
> of curiosity, is it pourable? It sounds like it'd be pretty thick...
>
> Adamantius
>
> --

The Bols Advocaat is pourable, (homogenized or pasteurized I would think, though i don't have a
bottle to check)... It has a creamy consistency, a little thinner than commercial eggnog, and a
warm alcohol kick.  I have used it on ocassion as a base for Sabayon, and it has worked well, but
it is not as thick on it's own as a Sabayon or zabaglione.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.