[Sca-cooks] FWD: RE: Ice Distillation in Homes

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 11:11:00 PST 2004

--- "jehan.yves" <jehan.yves at signofthetiger.com> wrote:

> Here is the reply that I got from ATF:
> Thank you for your e-mail to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and
> Explosives (ATF).
>
> However, ATF is now part of the Department of Justice and we no longer deal
> with your issues.  We have sent your e-mail to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax
> and Trade Bureau, Treasury Department, to handle your inquiry.
> ATF Office of Public Affairs

Okay, this is the second letter form the ATF that supports the idea that the ATF is not going to
burst into your home for freezing an ice-cube tray of mead in your home freezer.  In fact, exactly
the opposite is true.... the ATF doesn't handle these matters any more.  Quote all of the BATF
rules and regs you want, my original response indicates, quite clearly, that there is no federal
regulation which makes this illegal.

I'm sure some of the people on this list will continue to forward their questions to countless
government agencies, in an effort to find validity for their original statements, but it just
doesn't matter.

Distill away, people..... first of all, unless you are distilling massive amounts of alcohol with
an operational still, there is no safety issue... and second of all, no one is going to bother you
or bust in your door if you are doing small amounts via other means.

Let the paranoia die, folks, and stop looking for reasons to live in fear.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.