[Sca-cooks] A recipe for Devra...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 22 12:03:21 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> What's with the anchovies?  Any proper Swede uses herring.  Seeing the
> recipe brings back memories of a foreign study program in those long ago
> college years.
>
> Simon Sinneghe

My friend in Sweden said that any oily, salty fish was used, depending what
was. I've always used anchovies, since that was what was used in the recipe
the first time we tried it, and I can convine Margali to let me keep a small
jar in the fridge, where a big jar of herring would take up too much room.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.