[Sca-cooks] FWD: RE: Ice Distillation in Homes

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 17:20:25 PST 2004

--- Jeff Gedney <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:

> The fact remains that the process of freezing mead is legal.
> Removing the alcohol from the frozen mead for other beverage use without license is not,
> according to current US tax codes.

According to your answer, this is wrong.  Removing the alcohol from the frozen mead for 'other
beverage use' is fine.....so long as it does not produce a 'distilled alcohol product', which the
same code defines as 48 proof or more on a proof-per-gallon basis (unless I read that portion
completely wrong)

It's not a matter of black-and-white...it's a matter of quantity and proof.  The amount of alcohol
skimmed off the top of an ice cube tray, and reintroduced to a finished mead, will not raise the
proof above 48.  Now, if you keep doing it, until you have 'mead-shine' then shame on you.... you
deserve to have your house burned down by men-in-black, your family imprisoned, or whatever else
the government is allegedly 'required by law' to do to you.

However, for the 'conspiracy' crowd out there who insist that the government is still watching you
through your kitchen windows, and asking your neighbors if they have noticed anything suspicious,
here's an idea:

Get yourself a hard-copy of the the questions and reply I originally posted to this list, in which
an employee of the BATF specifically writes that there is no federal law which prohibits this, and
carry it around in your pocket with your copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook and Amnesty
International Hotline telephone numbers.  Then, when you are brought in for interrogation and
torture, you can tell the Executioner, through your mask of duct tape, that you were told by the
guv'mint that it was okay.  Of course, your proof will probably be burned, along with any other
proof of your existence, and an alien-robot hybrid will assume your identity from that point on.
But, oh, well....

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.