[Sca-cooks] Oh dear...

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 17:35:31 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:33:11 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
> Oh? What did the patrons, who were fool enough to come up with all that
> money think? And who in the bloody blue blazes would be fool enough to pay
> that kind of money anyway?
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD, who could think of far more interesting things to spend money on, than
> a bloody mushroom, no matter how rare...

Apparently people who like yellowish-white, rock-like fungus.  I've tasted
truffles before and they are alright.  I think the rarity and the price of them
drive their purchase more than anything else.  It is one of those items that
you either hate, love or are ambivalent about.    I liked truffle oil way more
than truffles themselves.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson