[Sca-cooks] Oh dear...

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 17:48:03 PST 2004

--- Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Saint Phlip,
> > CoD, who could think of far more interesting things to spend money on, than
> > a bloody mushroom, no matter how rare...
>
> Apparently people who like yellowish-white, rock-like fungus.

They also come in black.... :)

 I've tasted
> truffles before and they are alright.  I think the rarity and the price of them
> drive their purchase more than anything else.

I couldn't agree more with this statement.  'They are allright' hits the nail on the head.  And,
for my money, 'allright' just doesn't warrant the price.  I like Alligator, and Albino Alligator
is very, very rare...but it would be a hot January before you'd see me shelling out 53,000 clams
for the ugly bastard.  Give me a good, earthy, *moderatley priced* Porcini mushroom over a truffle
any day of the week.

Of course, there may be some on this list who recall my diatribe on Saffron a few years back....
blech!

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.