[Sca-cooks] A recipe for Devra...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 22 22:27:39 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Phlip declared:
> > I'm not going to give a cooking time, because I have made it in an
> > assortment of different shaped casseroles, and the time tends to vary
> > a bit.
> > We're all experienced cooks here, right?
> Uh, not necessarily. :-) I understand that the time may differ a bit
> depending upon the type of dish used and, particularly, how deep the
> ingredients are layered in the dish. But a rough estimate even as a
> range, would be helpful, especially if trying to make this along with
> say, a roast and other food items which you want to come out together.
>
> My estimate though, given the thinness of the potatoes, might be
> between 15 to 25 minutes. Probably on the shorter side of things. Ummm.
> At 325 or 350 degrees. How close am I?
>
> Of course before cooking it, I suppose I could go look up some
> scalloped potato recipes for examples.
>
> We have a family get together this Saturday, so I might try making this
> dish for that. My wife won't touch it, but the others may. I think a
> sprinkling of bread crumbs on top might be nice, too.
>
> Stefan

Uh, more like 45 minutes, Stefan, at 425, longer at 350- I usually figure on
the order of an hour and a quarter, since 350 is my default temperature. You
want the potatoes pretty soft. 350 is the temp I usually cook roasts at, so
I usually throw both in at more or less the same time.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.