[Sca-cooks] OOP? Hispanic cookie question

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 05:44:34 PST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:13:47 -0500, Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

> There are codes to represent virtually every character
> of every language.  ... but some don't always work from
> one computer to another.

That looked like it was copied and pasted from a micro$oft
product.  If the document had been typed using a spanish
keyboard it would have shown up fine, as ASCII supports
those characters. (or if they are typed in by holding down the
Alt-key, and entering the ascii code from the character, a
holdover from DOS).

Micro$oft uses their own special character code called "unicode"
in all of their applications, and they are comprised of sequences
of values instead of single numeric values.  And outside of their
apps they look like garbage.

(Yeah, I have to know this for work too)

If anyone wants the over-explained version - google it ;-)

OFC:  Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for irish
christmas cake?  I thought I read someone here had one.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson