[Sca-cooks] OT: no salami imports down under?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 08:51:27 PST 2004

--- Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11767965%5E1702,00.html
>

> >From what this is telling me, it is possible to transmit animal diseases
> through finished cured food products?
>
> Anyone know if that is possible?
>
> Cadoc
> --

I'm not sure if it is possible, and I rather think that the fine was handed down as an example to
others who may risk smuggling in other food items which could carry the hoof-and-mouth disease.  I
think the message here was intended to be "if you fail to declare a meat or plant item, regardless
of what it is, you *will* be fined."

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.