[Sca-cooks] RE: Happy Holidays

Joanne Clyde jmknoppe at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:00:10 PST 2004

>So...what did everyone else get?
>--maire, off to go have a cuppa and some fresh shortbread before
>bed...mmmmm....

I got some way cool cooking stuff.  A combo Cuisinart and blender.  (they
have the same base and you can switch the top from blender to food
processor.)  Granted, they are both smaller than stand alone appliances, but
for me being in an apartment and not having much room they are great!

And my hubby gave me some spiffy measuring spoons that are shaped to fit
into spice jars! (along with 2 sets of regular measuring spoons!)  I don't
know what I'll do with myself now that I have more than 3 spoons.  (I had
only had an 1/8 tsp., a 1/2 Tbsp., and a Tbsp. measure.)

I'm moving up in the world!  You all are probably thinking that I'm easily
amused....well, I am, but I'm just getting started in the kitchen world.
Heck, my b-day present last year was a NEW kitchen aid stand mixer.  I had
been using my mother's hand me down mixer that had 1 speed...fast.  All the
other speeds didn't work anymore. (we gave it back to her so when my brother
moves out, he'll have a mixer)

Now, all I have to do is get my paws on a set of cooling racks...No more
laying my hot cookies out on sheets of newspaper!

Geertruyt