[Sca-cooks] RE: Happy Holidays

Morses3 at aol.com Morses3 at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 10:44:24 PST 2004

We decided after a big Thanksgiving party and a particularly hectic December to have a small Christmas with just the three of us and my sister in law, I'm the cook at my house and I wasn't up to having lots of company again yet. Christmas eve was roast beef with oranges, allspice, onions, celery,and garlic with roasted carrots and potatoes. Christmas day was ham with sauce made of oranges, brown sugar, and rum served with macaroni and cheese and green beans (my in laws in Florida sent oranges). My wife made her famous (among our friends anyway) homemade chocolate cake, we had cheesecake, fudge made by my son, and many cookies made by my sister in law. My wife and I decided to donate our gift money to charity this year (we hadn't written the check yet, but it's on the way to the Red Cross for the tsunami relief effort now), but still gave each other several books, my 12 year old son got several requested video games, thrilled that he was finally allowed to play Halo 2, and some books and a Cranium game. My favorite gift I gave this year was when I decorated a Christmas tree for a friend at her house early in December. She had a stroke this year and couldn't figure out how to get one up by the time her grown children all got home for the holidays, I think it took the pressure off about worrying about it and allowed her to enjoy the holidays a little more.
Geoffrey de Warenne