[Sca-cooks] finska pinnar (finnish fingers)

renart the fox renart at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 24 15:11:12 PST 2004

Finnish Chestnut Fingers

1 cup flour

1/4 tsp cinnamon

6 tbl butter

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg yolk

1/2 cup Chestnut Puree

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

3 squares semisweet chocolate, or 1/2 cup chocolate pieces

--
oven @ 350

--

Lightly grease a cookie sheet, baking stone

Combine flour, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat butter for 30 seconds;
add the 1/4 cup sugar and beat till fluffy. Add egg yolk;beat well.
Beat in chestnut puree and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to beaten
mixture, and beat well. Use a scant tablespoon of dough for each
cookie, roll into 2 1/2" fingers. Place on a greased cookie sheet or
baking stone, and sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake in 350 degree
oven about 20 minutes or until slightly browned. When cool, dip one or
both ends in the melted chocolate; place on waxed paper.

makes 30

--

I found that although not bland tasting, but not sweet like you would
expect a dessert cookie to be. I would reccomend if you like them to be

If served with hot chocolate, they would be excellent as they are.

--
Renart (the fox) of Brwick

I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather
hear me drink scotch.