[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays....

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:11:35 PST 2004

holiday yummies?

standing rib roast with horseradish crust, scalloped
potatoes with anchovies, carrots roasted in the pan,
sauted shitake and button mushrooms w/sherry.

love that crust!  didn't make anything salty.  still
eating beef... we got a wonderful deal on a huge standing
rib thanks to all of the meat we were buying for our
event.  nice head of meat department at the local sam's
club.

taters were a bit wet for my taste, didn't seem like one
can of anchovies chopped up was enough, and needed more
pepper and oddly, salt.  still good tho.  a simple dinner
for two.  the pups and cats will be enjoying roast-fat for
a week!

loot?

i got that before midwinter feast... new food processor,
some pots, mini-processor, another electric roaster.  my
students gave me some lovely jewelry (mundane, too).  and
another (!!!!) leaping stag cookie cutter.

no family, so that makes loot given out easy, tho handmade
(not by mine) soaps and these cool round 'bomb' shaped
ceramic lamps we found (don't be surprised to see an
insurrection (complete w/ holy hand grenades' coming to
your kingdom!  hmmmmmmm, estrella is coming up.......
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

i have off work until tuesday, so the xmas cookies and
fruit cake (don't start.... ;)) will be made this week.
 they will still taste the same.... and i have another 5
cases of green icing to go thru... (don't ask....)

cailte
mebbe pizza tonite... you can only eat so much
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
University of New Mexico
Office of Freshman Admisions