[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays....

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 29 19:44:30 PST 2004

<Blink>

I'm still here. Or back. Or something... Anyhow, I've had a very crazy
couple of months, from which I now emerge... at least it was all
(moderately) gainful employment - some of it even in what I allege to be
my field!

Anyhow - holiday. I spent the weekend with friends in the neighborhood
where I used to live, saw people at church I hadn't seen in years.
(Scary moments... "Is that, um, your son?? I mean, I know I haven't seen
him in, um, oh, dear, can it be 9 years? OK, I guess he had a right to
grow up...  He's a stagehand??!")

My friends did all the cooking. They are good plain cooks- no
monstrosities, nothing much interesting...  roast beef (not overcooked!
Their purchase of a rotisserie has worked wonders for their meat...this
was quite good) mashed potatoes, frozen vegetables. Some very good
sauteed   mushrooms with brandy added - he always cooks mushrooms if I'm
there, because she won't eat them and he likes to share. *G* But that
was about it.

No cooking gifts. A lovely batik scarf for the fiber artist I mostly
am... *G*

AEllin