[Sca-cooks] Traveling Dysshes Question

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 08:36:26 PST 2004

From: "Melanie Wilson" <MelanieWilson at dragonflight.co.uk>
>I came across this book on Amazon. Has anyone got it ? If so I was wondering
>is it a book documenting dishes used as travel food in period or a book
>recommending period food that will travelling to a modern medieval event ?
>
>I'm looking for documentation on the food carried by pilgrims and others who
>were on the road, strictly in period not that one could physically take
>this, rather I packed by cobs and set off type of info ;)

I am a contributor of a recipe or two to the most recent edition.

"Traveling Dysshes" is a book of recipes that some folks in The West
Kingdom (SCA) have cooked with success either at events or ahead of
time and brought to events.

Not all recipes are terribly historic. The most recent edition has
more historical or historically based recipes than earlier editions,
which had some downright modern recipes.

It is not in the least a scholarly book, nor is it about pilgrim's or
traveller's foods.

Anahita