[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 12:17:00 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/30/2004 2:17:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at 99main.com writes:

<<Are you in a rural area, surrounded by country  folks?>>

Norristown, where I grew up, is a suburb of Philly, and my Dad was born and
raised in Philly.  Mom and her sister and brother, though, grew up in
Millersburg, a very small town along the Susquehanna River, quite rural; and her
sister has lived in a number of small towns in central Pennsylvania.  I'm
currently living just outside Lancaster, and dealing frequently with folks who  live
out in the  (very rural) country, and have never heard anyone from  around
here use "mangos" for green peppers, either.

Brangwayna