[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 12:31:45 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/30/2004 3:04:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:

<<Green Pepper Mangoes, AFAIK, are usually stuffed with raw  vegetables
(shredded cabbage, onion, carrot etc.) before pickling, and are  very
different from the stuffed peppers you mention.>>

I've never met a green pepper stuffed with anything other than meat, nor a
green pepper that's been pickled other than the sweet pickled peppers one can
occasionally get on hoagies or pizzas - and I'm not sure those are made from
bell peppers...maybe that's why no one in my family calls them mangos, because
 it's a totally different dish than what we do when we stuff peppers.

Brangwayna