[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Dec 30 12:38:38 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:
>
> <<Green Pepper Mangoes, AFAIK, are usually stuffed with raw  vegetables
> (shredded cabbage, onion, carrot etc.) before pickling, and are  very
> different from the stuffed peppers you mention.>>
>
> I've never met a green pepper stuffed with anything other than meat, nor a
> green pepper that's been pickled other than the sweet pickled peppers one
can
> occasionally get on hoagies or pizzas - and I'm not sure those are made
from
> bell peppers...maybe that's why no one in my family calls them mangos,
because
>  it's a totally different dish than what we do when we stuff peppers.
>
> Brangwayna

I don't think that's the answer. Bell peppers, in whatever condition of
stuffedness or unstuffedness were refered to as mangos in my area, as in,
"I'm going to go down to the garden and pick some mangos." Mostly, in my
area, they were stuffed with some sort of hamburger concoction, although
occasionally someone would get really chichi and stuff them with various
salad type things- chicken salad, egg salad, or, once, shrimp salad (what a
waste of perfectly good shrimp!!!), but mango was the name of the
fruit/vegetable, not the dish.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.